The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 hereby officially notifies you that applications will be accepted for its Apprenticeship Training Program.
Applications may be obtained between February 22, 2021 through March 6, 2021 at Plumbers Local Union No. 27 Headquarters / Pipe Trades Training Center, 1040 Montour West Industrial Park, Coraopolis, PA 15108 and at the Erie Training Center, 8150 Hawthorne Drive, Erie, PA 16509. Please report during the following hours:
Mon., Tues., & Wed. 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
No application will be given at the time of registration unless all qualifications are met as listed below:
Qualification for applicants are:
- Applicants must be of good moral character and physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Applicant must have a valid Pennsylvania drivers license.
- Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Plumbers Local Union No. 27. The jurisdiction of Local Union No. 27 embraces Allegheny County, Armstrong County, City of Arnold and City of New Kensington in Westmoreland County and sections of Washington and Greene Counties, Pennsylvania.
- Applicant is to pay a fee of thirty ($30.00) dollars. (Non-refundable) to cover the cost of processing the application.
- Applicants, if accepted, will be required to submit a test for substance abuse.
- Applicants will be required to take a written qualification examination.
- Applicants who qualify, based on written examination, will be granted a personal interview. Selection of apprentices will be based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, or sex.
- Any person selected as a probationary apprentice must pay two hundred and fifty ($250.00) dollars toward their initiation fee of $500.00 and after an acceptable probationary period of one year, the remaining $250.00 must be paid to Plumbers Local Union No. 27.
YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION TO APPLY:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- $30.00 application fee
- Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License
- Transcript of High School Grades
(High Schools may send transcripts directly to us at the address on the top of page one)
Upon completion of your application form, providing all the above documentation is present and acceptable, you will be given notice as to where and when to appear for your written examination.
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee urges all interested persons to comply with the aforementioned information in order to be considered for our apprenticeship program.
Click Here to contact the Apprenticeship and Training Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org