DESCRIPTION OF APPRENTICESHIP PROGRAM
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee of Plumbers Local Union No. 27 hereby officially notifies you that applications will be accepted for its Apprenticeship Training Program.
Applications may be obtained between February 20, 2023 through March 4, 2023 at Plumbers Local Union No. 27 Headquarters / Pipe Trades Training Center, 1040 Montour West Industrial Park, Coraopolis, PA 15108 and at the Erie Training Center, 8150 Hawthorne Drive, Erie, PA 16509. Please report during the following hours:
Mon., Tues., & Wed. 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 5:30 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Applications must be completed at the time of registration. No application will be given at the time of registration unless all qualifications are met as listed below:
Qualification for applicants are:
1. Applicants must be of good moral character and physically able to perform the work of the trade.
2. Applicant must be at least 18 years of age by July 1, 2022 and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent or be scheduled to graduate on time.
3. Applicant must have a valid Pennsylvania Drivers License.
4. Applicant must be a citizen of the United States and reside within the geographical jurisdiction of Plumbers Local Union No. 27.
The Jurisdiction of Local Union No. 27 embraces the following counties in Western Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Clarion, Crawford, Erie, Forest, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Venango, Warren, the Cities of Arnold and New Kensington in Westmoreland County, and sections of Washington and Greene Counties.
5. Applicant is to pay a fee of thirty ($30.00) dollars (check or cash) at the time of application (non-refundable) to cover the cost of processing the application.
6. Applicants, if accepted, will be required to submit a test for substance abuse.
7. Applicants, if accepted, will be required to undergo a criminal background check.
8. Applicants will be required to take a written qualification examination at Plumbers Local Union No. 27’s Headquarters in Coraopolis, PA.
9. Applicants who qualify, based on written examination, will be granted a personal interview, which will be held at Plumbers local 27’s Headquarters in Coraopolis, PA. Selection of apprentices will be based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, or sex.
10. Any person selected as an apprentice must pay five hundred ($500.00) dollars to Plumbers Local Union #27 for their initiation fee. Residential Apprentice initiation fee is two hundred fifty ($250.00) dollars.
YOU MUST BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION TO APPLY:
• High School Diploma or G.E.D. or letter stating you are on track to graduate
• $30.00 application fee (cash or check)
• Valid Pennsylvania Drivers License
• Transcript of High School Grades
Upon completion of your application form, providing all the above documentation is present and acceptable, you will be assigned a testing time for the General Aptitude Test.
The Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee urges all interested persons to comply with the aforementioned dates in order to be considered for this year’s apprenticeship program.
The Joint Apprentice
Training Committee of
U.A. Local No. 27
Click Here to contact the Apprenticeship and Training Coordinator [email protected]